How to optimize SEO on your mobile
The first things that must be clear when it comes to mobile SEO are that SEO positioning on the desktop is independent of the mobile. A web page can be in the position number 6 in desktop and be the third in the mobile. So you have to work them independently.
And taking into account that 92% of Spanish users use their mobile phones to access the Internet and almost half believe that they could not live without access to the network on the device, according to the twentieth edition of the annual Navegantes survey on the Internet that prepares the General Media Study (EGM). There are several elementary aspects to optimize SEO in mobile:
1. ADAPT THE WEB DESIGN TO THE MOBILE DEVICE
The user experience is key in the positioning in search engines, and therefore Google recommends opting for a responsive design. In this way, it is guaranteed that the content will be displayed correctly regardless of the device used (also tablet version).
Another option, something cheaper, is to have a mobile version. But you have to be careful with duplicate content, redirects, etc. due to the fact that it is an independent website.
2. CÓDIGO HTML REDUCIDO PARA MEJORAR LA VELOCIDAD DE CARGA
The speed of loading is something that the user values a lot and if the web is effective, it significantly improves the browsing experience. Google created the AMP project (Accelerate Mobile Pages) to improve the websites and make them faster when they are accessed from the mobile. It is important:
– Optimize images: it is one of the things that helps a web load quickly, reducing the size of images without losing quality will make things much easier for search engines.
– The information must be written: not in images that may weigh. This is very important for SEO. The text is much easier to load than the images and, in addition, they are easier to read by Google.
Here are some more tips to improve the loading speed.
3. USER EXPERIENCE HOW IT IS
Not only is it enough to adapt the sizes of the different devices, you also have to modify the way in which the content of the web is displayed to make it attractive in each one of them. For example, the desktop accepts more text while the mobile phone requires blanks so as not to suffocate the reader.
4. THE BEST: BALANCE BETWEEN USER EXPERIENCE AND LOAD SPEED
The best thing to do would be to get a good loading speed and a good user experience thanks to:
– A simple and intuitive design, suitable for the mobile version
– Good quality content
– Good links
– Call-to-action well signposted
– Suitable keywords
4 CHECKS THAT YOU HAVE TO DO IN MOBILE SEO
Tell Google that the web page is mobile format.
Check that all items can be easily crawled by Google. Do not use robots.txt files and let them see all the code and do not include every image, but rather a text.
Avoid frustrations of some functions that do not exceed expectations, for example, that a video can not be played, that the search engine is in an area of difficult access, that the contents are stepped on, etc.
Try to make 4 different versions adapted to mobiles, tablets, multimedia phones and low-end phones. Or, at least, take into account some considerations according to the browsers that each of them supports.