7 elementary steps to make your own website
When an idea arrives that can be a feasible business activity, at first everything seems impossible. The Internet has greatly facilitated the task by the mere fact that creating a web page today is relatively easy. But once you decide to start it, problems arise in each of the steps:
1. SET THE OBJECTIVES
It is the first thing to do, think about what you want to achieve by creating the website. In addition to taking into account the resources that will be needed for the entire process. Some of the objectives that can be proposed are:
– Improve the image
– Offer specialized information
– Improve positioning
– Generate a database
– Reduce costs
– Generate sales
– To be used for advertising purposes
– To offer better customer service or a new sales channel
2. IDENTIFY THE TARGET AUDIENCE
It consists of deciding which public is going to be the recipient of the web page, it can be the public that already consists in the database of the company or potential customers which can be reached more easily through promotions and advertising. In addition, you have to analyze your Internet consumption and browsing habits.
3. CHOOSE A PROPER DOMAIN
The best option is to buy your own domain, not depend on suppliers. It is much easier to remember and gives much more independence. And although it may seem simple to obtain a domain, it is much more complicated than we think. The difficult thing is to find the name that we want to put on the web and that is really free. And whenever it is .com (organizations of a commercial nature).
4. CREATE THE WEBSITE
The design, content and promotion of the website will depend on 100% of the target audience to which it is addressed. For this, everything has to be:
Useful and attractive for the user
Consistent with the corporate image that is intended to give
Intuitive and should work perfectly
The contents and the design must be updated periodically to maximize the interactivity
5. CHOOSE WEB HOSTING OR ACCOMMODATION
The hosting is that place where the web is placed to publish it and that users can access. There are 3 options:
– Have a server of your own: It is practical because it allows full control, but requires a large investment.
6. PUBLISH IT
It is the most anticipated moment. When the web is finished and ready for everyone to see it.
7. PROMOTE IT
Now it’s time to promote it and make it reach many people. And here are two options:
1. If you have a previous client portfolio: Where you already are a large part of the target audience. In this case, you can notify all customers of the new website, modify all the corporate stationery and include in it the URL of the website and notify the creation of the new website in the media (television, radio, press). In addition, advertising campaigns can be carried out.
2. If you do not have a previous client portfolio: You have to promote much more online promotion, especially search engine positioning through the use of keywords in the content of the website along with advertising campaigns of a higher budget.