How to increase sales thanks to customer databases
A database is a system that helps to recapitulate all contact data (email, telephone, name, etc.) along with all the specifications and details about the records of transactions that are made between customers and the company.
It is very useful, above all, if the activity of the company focuses on offering a continuous service, since it helps to maintain the list of clients in the most orderly and updated way possible. With this, it offers a better service and increases sales in turn.
Increase sales. You can use the data to get in touch with customers via email marketing, telephone marketing, etc.
Allows differentiating buyer profiles. By type of preferences (previous purchases, payment method, etc.), for example, with which you can make personalized promotions in the future more effectively.
Know the stages in which each client is. With what you can recover those who have lost engagement, develop strategies for those who are loyal or to capture the potential.
Keeping clients up to date. With the newsletter, for example, with a weekly or monthly periodicity, you can keep your clients informed about promotions, news, etc.
It allows offering a more personalized and quality service. The registration of all kinds of features about the customer as their purchase preferences makes it possible to maintain a closer relationship with the customer.
MAIN USES OF THE DATABASE
Store all the information about the preferences of the client, among other data, can have a multitude of utilities for the business:
1. Analyze purchases. It allows you to check the entire purchase process, from the purchased item to how you pay or prefer to buy it. This means that modifications can be made to the methods that are offered depending on the user’s needs.
2. Optimize strategies. Collecting and analyzing all the information related to customers’ purchasing habits as well as demographic data helps to carry out strategies that are much more specific to each buyer profile.
3. Forecast of sales. With the databases, you can know what products or services are most requested and when they could buy them again. This is very useful to know how to keep the stock.
HOW TO CREATE A DATABASE
It can be a laborious task, since gathering all the necessary information is not always easy and users do not always want to collaborate. You have to know how to request the information and if it can be done out of something, much better:
– Request the email, your address and your phone as part of the purchase process. It may also be useful to record the date, time and the service or product.
– Conduct surveys via email and through social networks where you require some data.
– Includes a button on the web to register in the newsletter and receive offers via email.
– Perform contests with prizes that have as a requirement to complete a record of specific data (the type of products or service that buys more, telephone, sex, age, among others).